Today, however, was a GREAT day! Maia woke up in a wonderful mood, and the day just rolled from there. She ate a healthy breakfast, read stories to me while I took a shower, and got dressed without complaint. And then, it was off to music class. Woo woo! (I get so into class that I always forget to take pictures. I'll try next week.) We had a fabulous time shaking the egg shakers, drumming the drums, dancing and singing, etc. I think Maia was thrilled to be back to one of her normal, and well loved, activities.
After class, we headed down to the cafe for our usual snack and chat with the other Mommies and kids. Maia opted for a bagel this week, rather than a muffin. She happily wolfed down half of a pretty good sized one, though she did lick all the cream cheese off more than once and ask for more... that's our girl!

After filling up on carbs, glorious carbs, it was playtime! By which I mostly mean running time! Hannah and Lily (twins!) are great friends of Maia's, and they always have a fabulous time together. Today there was lots and lots of running, until the twin's Mommy suggested they play Duck Duck Goose. Unfortunately, this was a foreign concept to Maia. Try as they might to explain it to her, she just didn't quite get it...
She did, however, get the running as fast they could....
All in all, everyone had a great time. We came home for some lunch, and then, with shockingly little protest, Maia took a wonderful nap. She woke up in a delightful mood and we had a wonderful afternoon, complete with a big walk for the Grittster. At bedtime, Maia gave my belly a kiss and said "Good night Evie! I can't wait to play with you!" Such a sweetie...
No comments:
Post a Comment