Friday, March 14, 2008

At last... some good news!

Friday started off with a routine Evie visit to Mommy's midwife. Maia loves getting to hear her hearbeat, and she really loves the fancy water cooler in the waiting room! The appointment went great, and we got some good news. I keep a log of my blood-sugar readings, which I measure four times a day. My midwife was extremely pleased with how I've done so far. The good news: if I can keep it up, and I think I can, I think I can, my risk for a C-section is the same as it would be if I didn't have GD. Woo woo! The same is also true for my risk for having to be induced early. Yippee! It also doesn't look like I'll need to have any extra ultrasounds, etc. At this point we're more interested in making sure that Evie is growing enough rather than too much. Bring on the peanut butter!

We made a quick stop at Target for some much needed household items, and then headed home to recover from our morning out. Given how tired I've been the last two days, I've been trying a new technique for getting Maia to nap. Around 12:30 or 1, we head up to my room and cuddle in my bed. Maia is highly resistant, even when I tell her she doesn't need to sleep, she just needs to rest. Yesterday she just cuddled with me and played with my hair until she fell asleep. Today she refused to climb into the bed, and instead trashed the room (in a toddler kind of fashion) while I rested. After about half an hour, she climbed in with me and fell asleep. And we both got a great nap! Hooray! The rest of the days looks to be pretty low key as we look forward to a weekend with Daddy. Once again, HOORAY!

No comments: