Hmmm... what are a feverish toddler and a diabetic Mommy doing making sugar cookies? Well, when you've been sick for six weeks and haven't been able to do much, anything is fair game. Maia loves helping me bake- from measuring out the ingredients, to sifting flour, to mixing everything together, to her favorite part: eating the end result. We had a great time making our Easter cookies, though we ran out of steam before we could decorate them. Maia and Daddy gave them two thumbs up, though it's still a few more months before Mommy will be able to have one...
Maia took a decent nap in the afternoon, and then it was more playtime... One of Maia's favorite activities is pushing her dolls around in their strollers. She did a lot of laps around the first floor yesterday while I made dinner, and then got a great night's sleep.
Mommy on the other hand... My pregnancy insomnia continues (Evie better be a good sleeper right off the bat to make up for all this lost sleep) and last night it was heightened when I experienced an hour and a half of contractions. I never had Braxton-Hicks contractions with Maia, so I had no idea what they would feel like. It seems pretty likely that these were of the B-H variety, but even so, my midwife put the kibosh on any activities other than r&r today. And so, Maia and I were faced with another day at home.
We played a lot this morning, and then broke out some of our favorite books for a lengthy reading and cuddle session. It's amazing how many books Maia has perfectly memorized! (She corrected me when I read "her tooth" instead of "one of her teeth.") Here she is, sitting on the newly expanded floor in her room with one of our favorite books:
We made a yummy lunch, and then headed upstairs for a much needed nap for both of us. The rest of the afternoon looks to include lots more cuddling, and probably an early bedtime. And, of course, the ever present high hopes that we'll wake up healthy and able to venture back out into the world tomorrow!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment