So after our long day at the beach on Wednesday, the kids were tired. Really, really tired. We had a bath, then some dinner, then some books, and then we turned out the light. Maia was sound asleep within 45 seconds or so. (She may not be the world's best sleeper, but ever since she stopped napping way back when she generally falls asleep fairly quickly- chocolate too close to bedtime being the main exception.) Cecily was not. She did acrobatics. She recounted every moment of our adventure. She was thirsty. She needed to go to the bathroom. She wasn't really tired. She wanted to stay up late. And on and on and on until she passed out mid-sentence. And then... they slept through the night. Well, sort of. They came into our room at 5am. I have to call this sleeping through the night as they did not leave their room until it was starting to get light out. Sadly, though, nothing I did or said could convince them to go back to sleep.
Fast forward through a few hours of serious house cleaning and I was in the kitchen making lunch with Cecily. I called to Maia in the living room to see if she wanted anything and didn't get a response. Figuring she was completely engrossed in her book, I wandered in to ask again. And found this:

No comments:
Post a Comment