Yesterday was a pretty non-exciting day for us. The annoying cold I had over the weekend seemed to be getting better on Monday and Tuesday, and then made an about-face and turned downright nasty yesterday. I actually gave in and went to see my primary care doctor to make sure it wasn't strep, bronchitis, etc. Maia loved my doctor, and loved the office, but she was very sad not to be able to hear Evie's heartbeat. The concept of different doctors for different things is somewhat elusive to a toddler. We made a supply run for cough drops, Purell, and soup, and then headed home. We ate some lunch, and then cuddled with books and played with blocks until... nap time. And yesterday, I surrendered...
Maia needs a nap. She's happier when she gets one, I'm happier when she gets one, and she sleeps better at night when she gets one. And so... I caved... I strapped her into her car seat and took her for a long drive. She was asleep within 5 minutes, and slept for an hour and a half. And she woke up in a great mood, ready to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. I've resisted this method of napping for a lot of reasons, but... I'm in. Wave to us if you pass on the road each afternoon between 1ish and 3ish!
After a good nap, we needed some entertainment for the toddler and some rest of the Mommy... We love our house. It's charming, feels like home, and is in a wonderful neighborhood, in a wonderful community. It has one major drawback... no good space for a real playroom. We would love to have a space where we could have art supplies, etc., at the ready. Ah well, some day. For the moment, we have the kitchen and some protective floor covering... and paint!!!!
We pulled out the easel and some new paint, and Maia got right down to work. She had a great time, and we're really increasing our art collection!


No comments:
Post a Comment