Sunday, August 24, 2008

Neglected Stories

I'm sure we can all agree I've been a neglectful blogger this summer! It's been tough to get near the computer to check email, let alone upload and edit photos and write something interesting! Daddy finally gave in and got us a laptop, and I'm hopeful it will make this process somewhat more possible. This evening I finally had a chance to go through many photos from various adventures this summer, and I thought I'd post them...

I never took Maia to a professional photographer as I assumed the photos would either be incredibly cheesy or I'd need to sell a kidney to pay for them. Faced with having to come up with birthday gifts for various grandparents, etc., I figured it was finally time to give the pros a chance.

I ordered Maia and Cec coordinating dresses for Uncle Gabe and Aunt Poulami's 1st wedding (more on that later) and thought they would photograph well. So we got dressed and headed to a studio at the mall I'd heard good things about. It was terrific! Maia loved her dress, loved getting to pose, and loved seeing the images. Cecily was amazing for a two month old, and cooperated more than I could have hoped. We adore the photos, and hope the recipients do as well! Here's a sampling of what we got:




In late June we headed to Nonni and Papa's house for a visit. It had been nearly nine months since we'd been there, but Maia was thrilled to be back and Cecily seemed to enjoy her first trip:

Napping on Papa

Sunggling Sisters

Maia has been asking for a bike for her third birthday for ages! Nonni was a little concerned she may not be quite ready for a two-wheeler, and suggested we start Maia out on a big kid trike. She helped the cause by finding a wonderful trike to keep at her house. We bought Maia a helmet, and she spent every moment she could riding around with Nonni. She really learned how to pedal and steer, and was thrilled when Nonni and Papa sent one to our house for her birthday! Here are some photos of her first rides:



Cec conked out after all of her big sister's exertions:

And a gigantic stretch after the flight home
Daddy brought this hat home from a conference he attended, and Maia immediately took to it.
Maia and Colin got haircuts! Maia and Teddy sharing driving duties at Friday playgroup:
Maia and I love Children's Museums. We've visited quite a few in the past three years, and made a big habit of it during the many rainy days we faced this summer. There's a delightful CM in a delightful town not far from us, and we've been regular visitors. They have a train room, a mini-house, a firetruck exhibit, and several other wonderful activities designed to delight and amuse.

Sweeping up the little house:

Enjoying the train room:
Riding the firetruck:

We decided to venture a little further to visit a newly remodeled and reopened children's museum. Maia's favorite exhibit-- the music wall:

Stamps!
Working the Post Office:
Peering out of the submarine:
Driving the submarine:
It's hard to believe Maia will be starting school in just a week and a half!!! We know she's going to love it, though it's hard to see our little girl growing up so fast!!!



No comments: